The Raza Resource Centro came out of a history of struggle, and student and community movements that called for resources and support for UCSD Chicanx/Latinx scholars
Our Volunteer Program launched in the Fall of 2017. The goal of this program is to recruit interested scholars (Undergraduate and Graduate) to support the Centro in it's function. This may include, but is not limited to: front desk coverage, administrative tasks, tabling at events, street team (dropping off fliers at partner offices), and attending/supporting RRC events. Interested volunteers must be willing to attend a front desk training in order to be prepared for such tasks.
Volunteers should expect to receive: knowledge regarding social justice and equity, access to and community building with the Latinx/Chicanx community, opportunities to improve public speaking, femtor/mentorship opportunities from RRC Staff, future recommendations (depending on your performance), and appreciate events at the end of each quarter.
If you are interested in submitting your application to the RRC Volunteer Program, keep a look out for our application that goes out every quarter. Note: you only have to complete the application process and orientation once! If you have been a previous volunteer all you have to do is email the RRC, let them know you have been a volunteer before and if there are volunteer shifts that are vacant.
The RRC will create space, and provide support/resources in the hopes of:
1. Advance the mission and vision of the RRC
2. Deepening relationships with students on campus
3. Create pipelines for the RRC Internship Program, and other professional opportunities on and off campus
- Advance the Mission & Values of the Centro
- Contribute to social justice work, be inclusive, and intersectional
- Only sign up, if you can show up
- Communication if you can’t make it!
- Follow the Facilities & Operations Policies of the RRC
- We will discuss this during Front Desk training
Application: We are currently not taking any volunteers for Fall 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Assistan Director Claudia Martinez at email@example.com.