Friday, June 14, 2019, 3:30 p.m.
The Raza Resource Centro is proud to announce the third annual Xicanx/Latinx Graduation ceremony. The event is intended to highlight the achievement of higher education completion in all degree fields for the latinx student community. Self identified latinx students graduating with a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Sciences, Master of Arts, Master of Sciences, Medicine Doctorate, and PhD are eligible to participate.
In order to better serve our diverse campus community, M.E.Ch.A. and the Raza Resouce Centro will each independently develop a different graduation ceremony, highlighting different areas of student needs and achievements, and collaborate to ensure a timely transition between ceremonies. M.E.Ch.A. will continue to implement the "M.E.Ch.A. de UCSD Raza Graduation", an event that will highlight graduating students who have made a mark in developing and creating social justice and activist orientated spaces for the campus community.
Sign ups for the graduation closed on Friday April 5, 2019.
Details on auditions for the student speaker position will be emailed to students who confirm participation in the graduation by signing up in the form below and providing the fully refundable deposit.
Event is free of cost to all studens and their families.
All graduates must confirm their participation by providing a fully refundable $20 cash deposit. Deposits must be submitted to the Raza Resource Centro by Friday April 5, 2019. Deposits will be returned upon check-in the day of the graduation ceremony. Alternative options are available for students on a case by case basis
Parking will be provided free of cost for all families in the Gilman Parking Structure starting at 2:30 p.m. Signage will signal path to Matthew's Quad. Additional parking can be found at Osler Parking Structure; please note Osler will not observe free parking and patrons are expected to purchase a parking ticket.
- The graduation will take place at Matthew’s Quad; this is an outdoor event, with limited sun coverage. Please plan accordingly.
- The graduation seating area will open at 2:30pm on a first come first served basis.
- As a courtesy to all of our guest, please refrain from obstructing view with:
- Selfie sticks
- As a precaution, please abstain from bringing the following items:
- Box cutters
- Sharp objects
- As a reminder, UC San Diego is a smoke-free campus.
If you require accommodations to fully attend or participate in the event, please contact us at (858) 246-1844.
- Students participating in the graduation are expected to arrive at 2:30pm to check-in.
- Graduates are expected to check in at 2:30pm at the Multipurpose Room, located adjacent to Matthew’s Quad.
- Cap and gown are required as part of the ceremony.
- Graduates are allowed to bring a small personal item such as a phone, backpack, or purse. Large backpacks and/or purses will not be permitted.
- Please be aware that graduates will be needing to walk on uneven pavement surfaces and grass, in addition to going up and down stairs leading to the stage. Please plan accordingly and notify RRC staff of any accommodations necessary.
- Graduates will be seated separately from their families.
All participants will receive a graduation sash and a copy of the program during the ceremony. Sashes will not be handed out prior to the event.